11.20.2010

Lolli Pop Lolli Pop....oh Chocolate Lolli Pop!



When I was pregnant and crazy with hormones once, I swore on my life that I would never EVER give any spawn of ours sugar....my how times have changed.  Lets just be realistic- what child doesn't like lollipops?
     I realize now how cruel it is to say no to a lollipop when all the other kids are doing it.  I mean, come on.  This philosophy should really serve me well when trying to teach my kid not to do drugs later on in life, right?  Well, for now I'm making R. lollipops for his 2nd birthday.  I had to do a practice run 3 months in advance.  I've been practicing with these amazing molds from the craft store.
    These chocolate lollies not only look fabulous but they taste great too.  All you have to do is buy the little melting chocolates at a craft store (you color of choice) and put it in the microwave for a bit.  The key is not to overmelt the chocolate and to stick it in the freezer right after pouring.  I was surprised at how well they popped out of the mold!

No comments:

Post a Comment